Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hi! Fashion

hey,
so here's the thing: what do we think about clothing? Some people actually hand-to-bible follow the mindset they're just for comfort, put on anything, who cares what it looks like. Now, honestly, I mean no disrespect to these practical minded individuals. If that's the way the way you view, go for it, knock yourself out. But me, I reckon as humans we're naturally conditioned to care about what we look like. Actually, if there's people out there (and I don't doubt that there are) who can sincerely say they DO NOT CARE about what others think of them, I would like to publicly broadcast to them now. Hey you, yeah you. You are officially absolutely and 100% among the luckiest people on this revolving beach ball we call earth. I salute you and am hear-by jealous of you. Because, essentially, most of us do care what other people think. And it is this inherent CARE, that generally drives us to spend an embarrassing number of hours in front of the mirror in pre-venturing out. Now, we know life would be easier, far less stressful, and far more peaceful if we were among the lucky few who are apathetic to the opinion of others, but the fact is, we care, and that's why we wouldn't go to a restaurant in a tracksuit, or shopping in pyjamas.  So then, what do we do about it? For me, looking good isn't always the goal (probably a good thing because I may not always venture outwards in flattering getups). No, the goal is simply to look "cool". I know, I know "define cool". Well there may not be an actual definition of cool, but to me it definitely involves being fashion forward, not generic, chain-store dummy style, but more, a bit of old a bit of new a bit of 'hasn't quite got here yet', building up to that essential moment when you look in the full-length and you're satisfied. Because see, I do care what others think, but then, my view is, if I think I look cool, others will too, and if they don't, basically, screw it. Not to be cocky, but I think enough about it to keep up with the fashion, and I think I've got to the point where I'm generally fashionable. And if the mainstream don't like it, I'm confident that the smallstream, those who know fashion, would. And so you, my lovlies, you are who I target, care about what others think (cause, let's face it we will anyway), but only trust the opinions of those you think are worthy. If a neon-tank wearing teenager thinks you look weird, is that a judgement you'd trust? I don't think so. If you look like you'd fit in in NY, you've got it, and if you look great, you'll feel great, and if you feel great, I'm sure you look great. So let's look great, feel great and love dressing, always. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment